Most entrepreneurs rely on the fact that if prices are reduced, sales will increase. But, unfortunately, this is not always the best way. What to do in this situation? To date, there are many methods that will help small entrepreneurs to reach a stable and high income. In this article, we will tell you what you should pay attention to in your online business, which ideas to focus on and what measures you need to take to quickly reach a high level in the field of Internet services.
What prevents to increase the number of sales?
There are many answers here, but we will try to highlight the main ones:
- The product that interested the buyer is not available. Most buyers refuse to purchase and are looking for the same product from other sellers.
- Long wait for feedback. Many buyers think that they are simply ignored.
- One delivery method. Often, sellers offer only one way to get the goods, and the buyer is not suitable at all, or there is no such service in his city.
- No exchange and return. Very often this stops the buyer, as there is always a risk that the product will not suit you.
If you are familiar with some of the above problems, then this article is for you. We offer you 11 methods for how to increase sales in your online store.
1. Technical support
Even if it seems to you that everything is fine with you, it will never be superfluous to check the technical side of your site. Go all the way as a regular user. Perhaps you have a complicated authorization, or the goods do not fall into the basket, or maybe a letter with an order confirmation to you simply does not come to you?
2. When describing the product keep clear
Remove all inaccuracies and vague phrases. The client must obtain the specific characteristics of the product of interest. For example, if you sell cosmetics, you must specify the composition, method of use, the country of origin and the final date of use.
3. Focus on the fullness of the range
Show the buyer that your online store has a full range of products that interests him. Customize your search engine so that it always leads the buyer to the page running goods. Check out the site navigation. It will be very cool if you take a video review of the goods.
4. Convince the customer that it is safe to buy in your online store
In connection with the increased growth of fraud in the network, as well as the existence of one-day shops, which disappear as soon as they receive money from consumers, people often do not risk making online purchases.
How to increase the turnover? Here are some tips for you:
- Post reviews of real buyers. And do not leave only good and laudatory, reviews should be real and informative.
- Show the people behind the scenes. This will give more confidence if the buyer knows who he is communicating with.
- Provide all certificates that guarantee the quality of the goods.
Pay special attention to the issue of exchange or return of goods. If the customer knows that he can easily return or exchange goods, he will not be afraid to make a purchase.
5. Compare prices
Make sure that your price does not differ from the price policy of competitors. Online shoppers almost always compare prices for a particular product. Moreover, it is very simple and easy to do in a few minutes. Increase sales will help you price monitoring service. Thus, you will learn about your main competitors and their pricing policy, you can instantly react to any changes in the online sales market. And it only seems to you that by reducing the price by 10%, you are losing something. On the contrary, in this way you will only benefit from the number of orders.
6. Delight your customers with surprises.
The word “free” will not leave anyone indifferent. Offer your customers free shipping when you buy 2 or more products, or give a little surprise. Such trifles will arrange the buyer and, most likely, he will return to your online store more than once.
7. Think of stocks to increase the amount of the purchase.
A very popular sentence “1 + 1 = 3” is when you get a third when you buy two products for free. Or an offer with a specific expiration date: for example, this product can be purchased at a discount only until the 25th day of this month.
8. Post on the site reviews from previous buyers
According to statistics, more than 70% of potential buyers take into account whether you have positive recommendations. By the way, with the help of reviews, you also increase your content.
9. Constantly improve your service
Take into account all comments about your online store. Analyze why some transactions failed. Maybe the sales consultants did not work well and did not respond in time, and the client, tired of waiting, went to another site? Or is your order form too long? Or are there no return conditions? Analyze all the options so as not to lose potential buyers.
10. Never Forget Your Customers
Congratulations on your birthday, make an sms-mailing about current promotions, send discount cards and free catalogs. A satisfied customer almost always becomes permanent. And you can also count on the fact that he will certainly advise you to his friends.
11. Take care of different shipping and payment methods
The customer should always have a choice how to get their goods. Most prefer to use the services of mail or transport companies, but there are customers who would be more convenient to receive the parcel by courier.
In your online store, you must provide the customer with different delivery and payment options. Someone prefers to make an advance payment for the goods, some trust more cash on delivery. The buyer should always have a choice.
Picture Credit: geralt