There is an opinion – how many people there are, so many delusions. This is partly true, but all the misconceptions of newbies concerning the promotion of sites can be classified without problems.
This article will help primarily those who already have some knowledge in advancement, but this knowledge is not systematized, and it is difficult to separate the truth from the wrong judgments. But many delusions are very dangerous.
So, the most important and most unpleasant delusion of a beginner is that you can move up to the top without links, simply by writing high-quality unique content and doing internal optimization.
Filling the site and optimizing it is very important, this is the first step in the promotion of any site – but you won’t go to the top. It is necessary to use external factors – links, articles. They will spend money on them, and this frightens many beginners. Do not be afraid of costs – with proper promotion, they will pay off and sites will be profitable.
Misconceptions with internal optimization:
1. The higher the density of keywords, the better. In fact, it is enough to mention a keyword in the text a couple of times, as well as include it in the title tag and, if possible, in the title and subheadings of the page (h1-h6 tags).
2. All keywords should be enclosed in the strong, b, i, etc. tags. You cannot do this, because the effect of these tags is minimal and the negative impact on the readability of the text is large. Select only worth a couple of times.
3. The higher the keyword on the page, the better. This is wrong, because the top and them – the concepts are conditional and depend on the layout. Search engines do not pay attention to this.
4. Under each keyword you need to make a separate page. With all the desire that does not work. After all, each high-frequency request corresponds to a set of medium-and low-frequency keywords, and it is quite natural that each page is promoted by several words. But do not promote the page more than 10-15 keywords, it will lead to an unjustified increase in the budget.
5. You can not make graphic headers. Many make a graphic “header” of the site, and above it in small print, keywords are written – this is the way to the ban. Make beautiful headlines, and you can register keywords in other places, for example, make the heading <h1> under the site header, changing its design via css.
6. The more pages on the site – the better. The number of pages should be optimal. On a small business site, a small company with 500 pages with optimized texts can be suspicious of search engines, since visitors clearly don’t need them. But a small information section does not hurt.
7. Navigation can not be done using scripts. You can, if necessary, but in this case it should be duplicated at the bottom of the pages in text form.
8. Non-unique content is evil. Of course, you need to strive for the uniqueness of the texts, but if on the site some of the texts are copied, then there will be nothing terrible. Plus, the uniqueness is that they are more likely to be interesting to visitors. Less copying – possible problems with copyright and the ranking of these pages in search engines. There is the problem of content theft; it has not been solved yet.
9. It is necessary to buy an old domain for the site, it is easier to promote. This is not always the case, especially if this old domain is under sanctions, as well as if it was just idle without a site.
10.Text for the site, you can write yourself. It is possible, but not necessary, if you doubt your literacy. It is better to turn to professional copywriters.
Picture Credit: geralt