SMM and seo-promotion on Google are related: the company stated that links from Twitter and Facebook affect rankings. But at the same time, robots place great emphasis on the credibility of the account, and the links are closed with the nofollow tag. That is not so prosaic. Activity in social networks can affect the position of the site in the search directly and indirectly.
Direct factors affecting the ranking:
- The already mentioned social signals – the activity of users in a group / public page is monitored and analyzed by search robots, and links to communities often fall into the list with the main site.
- Traffic – if you create interesting materials on your site and publish links in social networks, users will follow them. Then they share links with their friends, share through their profiles in social networks – and traffic grows.
- Actually links. If they are not indexed, they still count towards bonuses to the utility of the resource for users.
- Behavioral. Their influence is enormous, and search engines actively follow many such indicators. For example, the depth of viewing, the total time on the page, failures. Agree, the user who sees the post in the feed and follows the link will be more interested and stay longer on the site, because it is from the target audience, your content is relevant to its interests.
- Search robots take into account any user interaction on the site and on social platforms, so select the social networking buttons on the site. Integration will benefit.
Social networks for SEO:
Our optimizers conduct SMM audits to identify the factors that are most important to search engines:
- The presence of links to the site and the company’s accounts in important social networks.
- Clickability social buttons on the site.
- The presence of buttons “Share”.
- Availability of current contact numbers, email and physical addresses
- “Live” social networks of the company.
- Using hashtags in posts.
- Lighting new content on the site in social networks.
- Availability Open Graph markup.
That is the main thing – to have groups in social networks, integrate them with the site and not to throw. Because with links from social platforms, the situation is complicated.
Links from social networks do not convey reference weight, so they do not directly affect the ranking, but features of social networks can be used for traffic and social activity.
Twitter. Search engines love this social network very much, but the account should be popular: get likes, retweets, comments. So, if there are only bots in subscribers, there will be no sense.
Facebook. From the position of seo-promotion, Facebook looks mysterious: the links are hidden by the nofollow attribute, but our experts have repeatedly noticed that Google sees and indexes them. To what extent this is an accident, and not a pattern, we cannot say. In any case, this is not the only thing that search robots are looking at: there are also likes and reposts, which increase the authority of the site. Moreover, in this social network you can like not only posts, but also the page itself – and it is such likes that add credibility to the main site. In addition, it is one of the most influential social networks, it has great advertising opportunities and a more enthusiastic audience, especially in runet. Gathering a group on Facebook is about meeting the target audience almost face to face.
YouTube. Advance on YouTube from the point of view of SEO is justified if there is really interesting material relevant to the video format. Social activity, manifested in the number of views, subscribers and clicks on links, will attract traffic.
SMM and seo website promotion is a working tandem of Internet marketing, which is useful precisely because of its interconnectedness.
Difficult relations of search engines and links from social networks do not cancel the fact of usefulness for SEO user activity at any sites.
It is necessary to focus on content. Quality content will attract users from social networks and search.
For SMM and seo-promotion, the price varies, but for increasing brand awareness and conversion it’s better not to choose.
Picture Credit: PhotoMIX-Company